Q: Where can I park?
There are 3 main parking lots surrounding The State:
- State Theater Lot (215 W. Dixie Ave.)
- Cecilian Bank Lot (227 W. Dixie Ave.)
- City Hall Lot (200 W. Dixie Ave.)
There are also downtown parking lots within walking distance of The State:
- Cherry Lot (116 N. Main St.)
- Hardin County Justice Center (120 E. Dixie Ave.)
All parking listed above is free.
How can I buy tickets?
You may purchase tickets online, by calling (270) 234-8258, or in person at our Box Office/Administrative Office located at 209 West Dixie Avenue.
Box Office Hours*:
- The box office will open at the same time doors open for each event, approximately one hour before the event.
Administrative Office Hours*:
- Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Times subject to change during holidays
What types of payment do you accept?
When do doors open for an event?
Can I rent The State for a private event?
What is your accessibility for special needs?
The State is a historic property and every effort has been made to accommodate patrons with disabilities while preserving the building’s original character.
- Assisted Listening Devices are available free of charge at Guest Services located in the Lobby.
- Accessible locations for mobility impaired patrons are available on the floor level only. All Balcony level seating will require taking stairs.
Please call our office at 270.234.8258 for more information about your specific need(s).
What restaurants are nearby?
May I bring my children?
Children are welcome to attend events at The State but must have an individual ticket unless otherwise noted in the event description.Events listed as 18+ and 21+ will require valid picture ID for entry. Events rated PG-13 and R may require adult supervision. The State staff reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason.
Are cameras allowed?
Personal cameras are allowed at the discretion of each event. Flash photography, video and removable lens cameras are not allowed without prior venue approval.Professional photographers may request media credentials by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All media requests must provide proof of affiliation with credible news or entertainment outlet that will provide a formal review of the show in order to be considered.
Are food and beverages available to purchase during the show?
Our concession stand offers a variety of snacks and beverages, including alcohol (21+), for purchase. The concession stand may not be open for all events. Please call or e-mail for more information.